Buddadani Pedda Matalu

There used be an article in Sakshi weekly book, I am not able to recollect the name of it, but it's about: writing about ones kid's naughty and humorous acts/words, funny behavior to the weekly. Anyone in the family can write to the paper and they publish it. I really liked the idea, because it will be a wonderful moments to cherish again and again reading the article. I want to write the similar article about my "buddadi" I call her so, she is my sweet, cute little niece.. I actually started a bit late, she is already going to school, but that's okay, better late than never.. I just go ahead writing, whatever I remember, the incidents, her words or anything but just about .. buddadi.

She stays in a village about 9KM from mine, she with her mom comes once in a while to my house mostly on festival days, or when I go home :). She has a chillar party at home, 2 more neighbor kids, once she said "ammaa.. aadukuntaniki veltaneey", her mom says "adduko, kanee cheptunna chinnaaa, if you are playing in sand or dust, choosko , debbalu padtayi". she says "isakalo adanamaa" and runs. After few mins, we go out and see, there she is, sitting on a pile of sand, throwing it here and there, her mom shouts "chinnaa, tala meeda paduthundeyy", right then, buddadi pours sand on her head, and says "konchem padindey ammaa..", meaning, its only little, you can spare me for that mother .. everyone laughs listening to this.

She calls me oneday "mamayya, em chestunnav? eppud vastav? naku em testaav??" No stops in between, all are questions and she don't expect answers except the last one :) I ask her "em kavaley?".. She replies "maree, maree, oka bassu nindaa chockletlu, biscuitlu, inkaa cakuloo bokulooo, anee nimmpi, basseukunee, vacheyyy, sarenaa", I am about to say something, she says again without letting me to talk "Theledanukooo, karra pattukuni kottestanu emanukunnavooo", I again want to say something, she again picks up "undu, line lo undeyy, ammakistaaa" and she runs off giving phone to my sister, yeah, she conveyed what she wants to.. :) :) :)

Another time, she calls me and start talking to her mom loudly so that I listen "amma, mee ammayi class firstu vachindanee, gold medal icharanee, mee tammuduki cheppaveyyy..." :) :) Then she says to me "naaku markulu bagane vastunnayi, neeke taggi potunnayi, choosko mari".. what are those marks, what is that "taggi potundee" I don't know, but I knew she is feeling really proud of getting a gold medal, and we too .. but we are more happy for the way she expressed :)

Once she became really cranky in the evening and don't want to have dinner, I shouted at her, she cried, had food and then slept off, morning she woke up and come to my bed. Started playing with me, then she reminds me what happened the night before "oyy, ippudu navvutunnav, maree rathri naa meeda arichavenduku, cheppammaaa.." indirectly asking me to confess ;)

More about buddadi .. in later updates


Comments